RIP Fox

Blob_147Blob_147 Elite☠️☠️☠️

How does everyone feel now that Disney has not inly bought the studio responsible for blessing us with the Alien & Predator franchises, but removing Fox entirely from the branding and changing the name to 20th Century Studios?

Comments

• ApeYautjaApeYautja Elite☠️☠️☠️

Not too happy, they explained apart of the Fox name is owned by another studio in the buyout, so they changed it for no confusion. I don't get why they just didn't buy the studio fully. I don't have great hopes, until they prove they can get their act together after Star Wars. The first movie releasing under the new studio name is Call of the Wild, and it looks bad cgi wise, in the sense it doesn't look natural. I am wondering if Disney made the decision after the film was made to go with a certain cgi studio. This worries me due to they are also continuing another favorite series of mine Planet of the Apes and I don't like where its heading if they don't keep same people who did special effects. If they use different company it may look bad and not up to par, same can be said with Predator if they continue it.

• PritaPrita Blooded ☠️☠️

@Blob_147 @ApeYautja It is a sad thing our beloved Predator franchise has been sucked into the Princess Industrial Complex. But, recent news is, Disney is releasing an R rated movie (Dead Pool), which was a concern at a point that they wouldn’t do that in fear of tarnishing the castles of sparkles and rainbows. As for Fox, seems they just sort of branded it differently. Now they are keeping the “Fox” but split it up in to “20th Century Studios” and “Fox Searchlight Pictures”.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/disney-dropping-fox-20th-century-studios-1203470349/

Maybe that’s a thread of hope. But like everyone, I have the fear of Disney killing off Predator all together, until there’s solid evidence they’ll keep it going.

- “ The Hyperactive Hunter”

• ApeYautjaApeYautja Elite☠️☠️☠️

@Prita as far as I heard when they were early in getting Fox media, they were putting some series as priority over others. Like apes series is priority, which I am worried due to a lot of the people from recent films may not be involved due to other projects. I am hoping that with success of game, they don't rush and plan new Predator media content, it be cool they released footage from The Predator that wasn't finished, I mean developers of new game said they were taking some ideas and continuing with it like Stargazer.