Love! My first Artist’s Collection Series Figures

PritaPrita Blooded ☠️☠️

Christmas to myself. My first special Artist’s Collection Series figures. The artist, Blayne Scott, uses pieces from various figures to obtain best fittings and joint connections as well as doing all the custom sculpting too. He’s known for his methods of reducing the circular joints which not only ensures the prevention of any paint transfers, but also gives each figure a much greater range of motion, offering more posing options not usually obtainable with manufactured figures of this sort.

Along with each figure, Blayne commissions artists to do artwork from which he gets inspiration for the figures. And, along with each figure, he writes a unique backstory, adding to the charm of each piece.

I originally found Blayne Scott and his work on etsy here: https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/blaynescott

Really a nice fellow! You can learn more about him here as well: http://blaynes-customs.blogspot.com/p/about.html

My four new custom figures from Blayne Scott (sorry, some pics are blurry).

This Ren Wars Assassin Predator is beautiful. The details, the colors and he’s just elegant! Cool canon too. The handle can snap out of the back, giving it the classic actuating arm of a canon.

Wow.. the details on this guy are what got me. Tiny beading on his belt, the extra long dreads and even hand-etching in the knife blade. Too cool! I find the “half mask” on him is very interesting too.

I love the backstory of this Dragon Slayer Predator. Really neat how it ties into the world of Predator. At first, I wasn’t sure about this one. After all, there’s only one Predator with Serpent Predator’s alien-jaw bone mask style. But I love the helmet sculpt and colors. Then I realized, why not! The of those scary, creepy jaw bone masks the better! :-D

While we know Alien figures don’t change all that much, I found this Engineer Praetorian Alien intriguing simply because he’s more substantial. While he’s the same height as standard 7” figures, he’s heavier, thicker and overall larger in stature. Just as would be expected coming from Engineers. (The fourth pic shows him next to another standard figure for comparison).

I’m loving these and working on getting them set up along with frames for the artwork/backstories .

- “ The Hyperactive Hunter”

Comments

• ApeYautjaApeYautja Elite☠️☠️☠️

These are amazing! The color and paint applications are what make these stand out.

• PritaPrita Blooded ☠️☠️

@ApeYautja - Thank you! I agree! It’s the colors and detailing paint that do it for me.... on any figure! The more detailed sculpts, the more layered shading of paint and colors, are what bring them to life. Thanks again and Happy New Year!

@Prita- Happy New Year too! Also NECA may have teased another Fugitive with bluish glowing eyes? Not sure if was just a custom they were showing off.

@ApeYautja - Yep. Its another Fugitive. You’re talking the one that he’s all dark blue and his eyes are bright white, right? Like this (stupidass web site stretching the pics. Click it, shows better).

Anyway, I found out about it from @Predhead218 live stream on YT this past weekend (good lord, he’s got the inside scoops on all the goodies)! From what I understand from him is, its a prototype from Hunting Grounds game, that Neca is doing. Check out @Predhead218 YT, skip to about 54:50 to get to this Fugitive:

And you gotta come join the new live stream he does. It’s a blast in there the sneak peeks... woo wee!!!

• Predhead218Predhead218 Yautja Leader☠️☠️☠️☠️

@Prita @ApeYautja | Yes indeed it is based off of this poster (which I think personally lazy on NECA's part), but we are also getting some new figures based on the new video Predator: Hunting Grounds as well.

@Predhead218 @Prita -| If it has more than just the new light color I may buy it. I would of liked if they had an Assassin brown skin tone if they were going to bring out another version of a previous The Predator figure. Can't wait for the Hunting Grounds figure, hope they can do humans if there are main humans in the game.

@ApeYautja - I’m looking forward to the new figure too. Wait... what am I saying. I’m always looking forward to new figures. LOL. Do you have a PlayStation that you’ll be playing Hunting Grounds on? I don’t have a console, debating on getting one. But, it looks to me like a person has to pay the monthly membership fee just to play the Hunting Ground game. I love playing online with others, but I’m not keen on paying every month to do it. Not a fan of that at all. Maybe over time, someone will play it on Steam and I can watch them.

If it has more than just the new light color I may buy it. I would of liked if they had an Assassin brown skin tone if they were going to bring out another version of a previous The Predator figure. Can't wait for the Hunting Grounds figure, hope they can do humans if there are main humans in the game.

@ApeYautja | I'm with you and I think you will be getting everything as it has been for all other Fugitive Predator figures the only difference is the color scheme of both the body and LED eyes.

I’m looking forward to the new figure too. Wait... what am I saying. I’m always looking forward to new figures. LOL. Do you have a PlayStation that you’ll be playing Hunting Grounds on? I don’t have a console, debating on getting one. But, it looks to me like a person has to pay the monthly membership fee just to play the Hunting Ground game. I love playing online with others, but I’m not keen on paying every month to do it. Not a fan of that at all. Maybe over time, someone will play it on Steam and I can watch them.

@Prita | I know I plan on getting the PS4 console come my birthday in April for sure. I'm not sure there is a monthly subscription fee involved unless you are getting XBOX Live, but this game is for PlayStation Exclusive only

@ApeYautja @Predhead218 - Wait, the new blue Fugitive has LED eyes? I missed that. Well, if they doll him up more, I just might go for him.

So I did some digging. Yeah... I’m an amateur sleuth with a computer and little self control. It’s the perfect storm! “-D

A good read. Get a drink and reads ya self on if ya choose. :-)

Yep. It’s PS only. Sony will probably never make it for a PC version since they’re raking it in as an exclusive and it keeps people on their pay-for platform (Selling one piece of hardware is nothing compared to on-going revenue generation). Who knows. Maybe the game makers Illfonic (or someone) will make another/different Predator game for PCs. I bet some gaming company is sitting, watching to see how well Hunting Ground does. If it nails it, I’d bet they’d make a game for PCers (umm.. can you say largest global share)?

So, the PS site says PlayStation Plus Membership is required.

Slicky boys. They also have a “PlayStation NOW” membership. From what I read, its near the same (instant downloads, etc). Only difference I see is the Plus membership lets you “Share Play”, that just “allows” you “invite” an online buddy to take over your play session. Ummm... what’t’hell. I’m paying the monthly fee, but then let a buddy play it instead? That’s enough to piss off the Pope (imo). LOL. Heck, I guess that could be cool. Dunno. But, personally no need for that since the buddy has to be online, be in the system, have the game too, be in the country too, etc etc, and is only allowed to play for one hour.

Interesting, both the Plus and the Now memberships are (at least for now) the same price. I’m just speculating here but, why would they have a different (Plus) membership if it offers very little different than the standard (Now) level, hmm? Sounds like slick merchandising. Perfect lead-in to bait and switch... got your first year, after that the price jacks up maybe? (Cox is infamous for this). Dunno. Just a thought from business mind set.

Funnier still, looks like the Now level comes with the ability to play PS games on your PC. Even better, you don’t need a PS4. Get a PlayStation Network” account and a “DualShock 4” controller and play. So my question here is, why the hell do they not put Hunting Ground on that? A separate platform maybe? Which leads me to wonder if, down the road when Hunting Ground is old, does it end up on the PS for PC platform anyway? Or, do they eventually open up the Plus platform to PS for PC, which would be prime (cuz you just know Sony’s got to get a piece of the PC globe). Dunno. Too many twists and turns for me.

In my sleuthing, I found a page offering the Plus at a monthly discount for 12mos. BUT, when you click on the link it takes you to the page that wants to charge your shopping cart the full regular rate. Slick, slick, slick. Dunno, maybe the page just reads funny, they discount it after you hook in? https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/playstation-plus/

Lotsa mumbo about Now level: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/IP9101-NPIA90010_01-PSNOWSUB1MOTR000?smcid=pdc%3Aus-en%3Aweb-pdc-explore-playstation-now-ps-now-on-pc%3Apar-Start%20Your%20Free%20Trial*%3Anull%3A

Lotsa mumbo about Plus level: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/IP9101-NPIA90005_01-1YEARPACKAGE0000?smcid=pdc%3Aus-en%3Aweb-pdc-explore-playstation-plus%3Apar_first-Join%20Now%3Anull%3A

Dunno. I actually know very little about this stuff and I could be totally wrong (so whoever reads this, don’t flame me please) Just looking at it off the cuff with a pinch of Devil’s Advocate I guess. I just don’t like getting sucked in to a rabbit hole. I’m seeing a lot of “dunno’s” and for now, it’s too much mumbo for my brain. Guess before I splurge on a system and take on another monthly bill, I’d call them to get some solid answers.

Overall, for $60 a year, maybe it’s not that bad at all. And I was just thinking how fun it would be to be playing the game online with you guys! Woo hoo!

K thx bye.

@Prita | It is for both PC and PS4 sorry I should have mentioned that as well, but wasn't sure which gaming platform you preferred or currently use. I do see no what you are talking about the membership fee and I guess $10 a month isn't all bad being since everyone else is already doing Hulu, Netflix, and Disney+.

edited January 4

@Predhead218 - Yeah. And Netflix is even more now. So, I’m confused. It was my understanding the game is fire PS only. I must have got confused. So, it means both the PS and the PC will be out in April, right? That’s cool. Maybe I find a better job than the crap-pay job I have now and can spring for the system then! Hehehe.

OK, so first I guess I need to go get an old(er) Predator game and practice on it. I haven’t had any video games in... (embarrassed to say) how long. Don’t know if it would help. I have zilch, nada, nil hand-eye coordination when doing fast moving stuff like that. Still could be fun! And I might could win “fastest person” dead award. LOL.

Of games already out (PS, PC, Mac, doesn’t matter), do you know if any of them are playable online with others, like on. Steam?

@Prita - I do have a PS4 already, and from looks of the pre-orders we may not get a physical release for the game as of now. I am not sure if other Predator games can help with getting ready for the game due to this is very unique in the third perspective and traversing into trees at ease as well. You also get two free games to download with PS plus each month that are chosen,that you can keep as long as you are subscribed and does with the online component of multiplayer games.

I do have a PS4 already, and from looks of the pre-orders we may not get a physical release for the game as of now. I am not sure if other Predator games can help with getting ready for the game due to this is very unique in the third perspective and traversing into trees at ease as well. You also get two free games to download with PS plus each month that are chosen,that you can keep as long as you are subscribed and does with the online component of multiplayer games.

@ApeYautja | Illfonic as already answered that question and they have stated that there will be a physical copy of the game at the time of launch.

@Predhead218 - Oh okay, that's great! Thanks for the clear up. I prefer to get disc copies for games just in case I have to rearrange some space on drives to make memory.

Oh okay, that's great! Thanks for the clear up. I prefer to get disc copies for games just in case I have to rearrange some space on drives to make memory.

@ApeYautja | No problem my friend I prefer physical copies of anything I buy just in case I need to reinstall it as oppose to redownloading it.

@Predhead218 - I saw on Gamestop a physical copy for preorder, I wonder if we will get collectors edition. I also thought of something, we may also get some dlc with PlayStation Skins from other series. I forgot who here on the site liked Killzone with crossover fan art, but there could be a chance of some Helghast skins.

I saw on Gamestop a physical copy for preorder, I wonder if we will get collectors edition. I also thought of something, we may also get some dlc with PlayStation Skins from other series. I forgot who here on the site liked Killzone with crossover fan art, but there could be a chance of some Helghast skins.

@ApeYautja | I think if we can get anything like what we got back in 2010 with the AVP set that would be a sweet deal and I would be totally sold on it.

@Predhead218 - DANG! I would like if it was that big to have dlc from all preorder and I think a statute would most likely show up as most have with PlayStation Collectors editions.

DANG! I would like if it was that big to have dlc from all preorder and I think a statute would most likely show up as most have with PlayStation Collectors editions.

@ApeYautja | It would be awesome indeed!!

@Predhead218 - Off topic, did you see the tease NECA had for new figure? Like blaster rifle for a Predator character.

@ApeYautja - I haven’t seen anything about that. What’s a URL to view it?

@Prita Here is a pic from the facebook post.

I haven't seen these before with the comics I have read, which isn't many, any ideas?

I haven’t seen them either. Maybe their from a vid game? But then again, I don’t even know which new figure you’re talking about. LOL!

Speaking of... did the new Alpha Predator figure drop off the plan?

@Prita - I think Alpha Predator is still planned, the post didn't say what figure the pic was with, just that it was a hint of something in the works.

@ApeYautja @Prita | Yeah I will be talking more about that photo on my next livestream.

@Predhead218 - I bet you will also talk more of Alpha Predator too! Did you see the new pics?

I bet you will also talk more of Alpha Predator too! Did you see the new pics?

@ApeYautja | I will bring him up in conversation for sure, yes I did see the photo shoot they did of the figure, and he looks AMAZING!!

@Predhead218 , @Prita - Did you guys catch the some of the stream Illfonic did for Predator: Hunting Grounds. They did it over the weekend, they showed it looks like female predator might not be a class, but a choice as they showed concept art of the classes in female form, which vary in size.

@ApeYautja - I missed it. I’ll have to go check it out. Where did you see it?