From an Army Vet, Happy Veteran’s Day Weekend!

PritaPrita Blooded ☠️☠️

Funny thing, all the years I was in the Army, and I never got a Veteran’s Day off. Hahaha!

- “ The Hyperactive Hunter”

Comments

• Predhead218Predhead218 Yautja Leader☠️☠️☠️☠️

@Prita | Thank you for your service brother and Happy Veterans Day!

• DarkMollyDarkMolly Yautja Leader☠️☠️☠️☠️

Thank you and hope you have a good weekend

• StarWarsNerdASRStarWarsNerdASR Elite☠️☠️☠️

Thank you for your service!

• PritaPrita Blooded ☠️☠️

@Predhead218 @DarkMolly @StarWarsNerdASR - Thank you all, too! It was an honor to serve. My son is currently serving. He returned from Iraq just a few years ago. He’s now an attorney for the US Army JAG Corp. He’s our 3rd-successive generation soldier! (My father, then me, now my son).

My son (far right) in Iraq

Nowadays, my son says, “As a matter of fact, my momma did wear combat boots”! (Yeah, women can rock them too). ;-)

Me (far right), during the war in Haiti

Thanks again guys!

• Predhead218Predhead218 Yautja Leader☠️☠️☠️☠️
  • Darkhorse41Darkhorse41 Yautja Leader☠️☠️☠️☠️

@Prita in 95? No offense but you look like a hottie.

Darkhorse41
    edited November 17

@Darkhorse41 - Thank you! that’s very sweet of you to say. And, yep. ‘95 . That’s all 95 lbs of me, running around in uniform and carrying an M16. It was awesome. They called me “Sergeant Rock” because I was so military and such a harda**. I’m still just 95 lbs, but I miss my combat boots to this day.

Were you there?

@Prita I only assisted in Kosovo with computers and other situations for Darkhorse division. OH58D's which is actually where I got the Darkhorse41 from. Many people think it's related to Dark Horse comics. Another funny similarity is that my initials are DH too.

Darkhorse41

@Darkhorse41 -Ahhhh... Oh58d Kiowa Warrior! That was a bada** helo, fitted with the mast-mounted laser sight systems and even airbags! I remember the Kiowas. I was an OH-58 Helicopter Crew Chief, Army Aviation, 2nd Brigade-Lightning Attack, 25th Infantry.

That’s cool how you came up with your name! Just curious... were you with Darkhorse Division, Army’s 1st Cav, 2nd Division, 9th Regiment (not as in Darkhorse of the Marines- 1st Marines, 5th Regiment), right? Or were you 1-89, 2nd Brigade, 10 Mtn Division, Ft. Drum? Or some other division? Since you said Kosovo, I’m going with 10th Mtn. :-)

@Prita it was Delta Troop 1st Squadron 4th United States Cavalry First Infantry Division (Mech) APO AE 09226. Operation Joint Gaurdian II. I was an honorary member.

Darkhorse41