You think we will ever see another Predator movie on the big screen?

GuileMikeGuileMike Un-Blooded
edited April 16 in Predator Movies
After the last debacle which sadly I could not even finish because it was so cringey, do you think we will ever see another Predator movie on the big screen? 

I think the stars would have to align for it to be ever kickstarted again with writing, big names, and a budget only Disney can be willing to sacrifice. 

What do you guys think? I thought the last movie was worse than both AvP movies released. 

Comments

• EldergreybackEldergreyback Elite☠️☠️☠️
    I think with  ‘The Predator’  underperforming at the box office and it’s less than stellar reviews it will put the franchise in hypersleep for years to come.  Perhaps we’ll see something similar to what’s happening in the alien franchise now with independent short films being released. I’d love to see a mini series on a streaming platform.
  • alien13alien13 Elite☠️☠️☠️
    Only if they decide to reboot the franchise because of Disney now owning all rights to the movies.

• DarkMollyDarkMolly Yautja Leader☠️☠️☠️☠️
    alien13 said:
    Only if they decide to reboot the franchise because of Disney now owning all rights to the movies.

Since Disney is rebooting everything now, we may just get it. Just a matter of time.
  • GREYBACK-GAGREYBACK-GA Elite☠️☠️☠️
    I never saw it theaters or paid for it be honest,am with @DarkMolly & @alien13 i'm hoping some will do right, cause well am still scared by what we got leaves bitter taste in my mouth more less. 

I hope so too molly. Maybe actually be enjoyable I think Ahab needs his own movie the whole Fire & Stone series i've read some of it but damn make such sick scifi flick! :smiley:
    @GREYBACK-GA I was thinking/hoping Ahab would get his own movie as well. but part of me is terrified if they f*** it up. It would be really hard for them to make it amazing,especially since most of us put ahab on a pedestal and love his character. Before they make the movie, they should definitely take a lesson or 2 from the guys who do the Marvel movies.
  • StarWarsNerdASRStarWarsNerdASR Elite☠️☠️☠️
    Well, Disney now technically owns it and with their recent reboots either means they are running out of ideas and/or just want more money so it is not too far fetched to think that they might reboot Predator.
    @DarkMolly I totally agree with you no doubt. That is true haha most definitely I'm not those seen some at least they try stay true to the comics, well  whatever they do with the license let's just hope it's good.
    @GREYBACK-GA I personally think the Marvel movies are amazing. They are so well done! Some of my friends, who are huge into the marvel universe love the movies and shows. 
    @DarkMolly I feel ya some them are ok, i dig the x-men,dead pool few other they have done.But yeah they defiantly are wish predator & alien get same treatment cause they deserve much better than what fox has done. 
    @GREYBACK-GA I agree 100%. We shall see what happens in the future. 
    @DarkMolly hell yeah! Ikr ^^ yup most definitely.
  • CCPredatorCCPredator Blooded ☠️☠️
    Not to sure, the last so called Predator damaged it quite a bit,, even the writer and producer have vanished,,, that says a lot to Disney,,,, hopefully they’ll give it another shot sooner or later,,,,, bring it back to its roots forget about Predator Vs. Predator and these so called embarrassies,,,,,, bring it back to what made the franchise 
  • AhabPredatorAhabPredator Yautja Leader☠️☠️☠️☠️
    Fox/Disney, 

Please please please...🙏🙏🙏🙏

Put someone in charge who knows how to tell good stories, balances a 70%/30% new to old ratio, and pays homage and respect to the prior movies. Do not put someone in charge who doesn't take the property seriously. 

Sincerely, 

A very loving but concerned fan. 
    I’d Love to see the Rage War series or if it bleeds turned into a mini series.
  • ApeYautjaApeYautja Elite☠️☠️☠️
    So if we can get the original cut of the film I think it would change minds on the film and future of series, I don't trust Disney cause it sounds like they are replacing people in the Fox area with their people. If they add the recent Star Wars treatment, and if Marvel goes downhill after Endgame, I think they will mess with the new series they have now. They also could close studios getting rid of those franchises heads at them. they are already may getting rid of about 4,000 jobs. I think we may get another film, it isn't as bad as Jurassic World where the franchise is like no material left to work with or messed up beyond repair.
    I’d Love to see the Rage War series or if it bleeds turned into a mini series.
    The Rage War series would make a good movie series.
  • Hawkins_Upside-DownHawkins_Upside-Down Yautja Leader☠️☠️☠️☠️
    Yes.. Once they hire me to write it.
  • Heco509Heco509 Young Blood☠️
    I wish they would do a Cartoon. Revamp predator as a cartoon starting it from the home planet. Seasons on top of seasons. Introducing us to all types of predators and tribes as they go around the galaxy searching for trophies. Then Release a Predator game like Hell Divers. Simple Drop Zone Alien killers! One could only wish.
  • YautjaSicarioYautjaSicario Young Blood☠️
    Hope there's many more predator movies to come.
  • Ghostbreed1727Ghostbreed1727 Blooded ☠️☠️
    I desperately hope so. Maybe...JUST MAYBE...the Yautja will survive this one...
  • Samhain13Samhain13 Un-Blooded
    Eventually I think there will be but it will take a while.
    Alien vs Predator Universe Timeline:  https://samhain13.home.blog/alien-vs-predator-timeline/
  • FayneFayne Yautja Leader☠️☠️☠️☠️
    I think the app might have been made to test that and pushing us to the side might answer that.
    Fayne said:
    I think the app might have been made to test that and pushing us to the side might answer that.
    Interesting idea, but we still have a platform as a predator community through this website and through others like AVPG. I don’t think we’ve been pushed aside.
  • AvPG_CorporalHicksAvPG_CorporalHicks Young Blood☠️
    It might take some time but I think we'll see Predator again. The Predator was just too much of a mess. It needs to go smaller and just tighter. There's so much that can be done with the Predator (and on a bigger scale) but they need to make it work on a smaller scale again first! And not rushing it like Predators. 

I'm still hopeful we'll see a proper Alien vs. Predator on the Big Screen one day too!