The Predator discussion

DylonDylon Yautja Leader☠️☠️☠️☠️

So I just recently watched The Predator for the first time and I’m pretty confused. I don’t understand why the Fugitive Predator decides to give the humans Predator tech. And even that how he’s part human as well. Maybe the Ultimate Predator and Fugitive Predator we’re part of the same group? I don’t know. And I kinda find it weird that out of anyone in the world, a kid is able to understand their technology and language because he has autism? The action fights were cool but there seems to be a lot of plot holes. What do you guys think?

Comments

• PritaPrita Blooded ☠️☠️

@Dylon - I was told Fugitive brought Pred tech, as he knew of other Predators planning to wipe out humans, making earth their own. He has human DNA because, just like we humans, the Predators are working to make themselves the ultimate being. Over the years, we’ve watched Predators evolve in some fashion (Different physical features, preferences of environments, etc). We’ve seen the Aliens evolve too (enter Predalien). Who knows, maybe it will all lead to a new story line and they’ll start connecting the dots of all the movies! :-)

For the boy (“Rory”) with autism. I’m not sure I understand what you mean. Do you mean, it’s really a stretch he’d be able to learn all that stuff, since his autism simply wouldn’t give him the ability to understand and process such high-level information,?

- “ The Hyperactive Hunter”

• MortiisMortiis Elite☠️☠️☠️

They should make another movie with the story of what happened leading up to this movie to help us better understand what when and were is going on.

• PritaPrita Blooded ☠️☠️

@Mortiis - You’re right. We’ve all said that for years. Maybe if they didn’t wait for so-freaking-long between making movies, there wouldn’t be such a gap of “how did we get here from there” too.

- “ The Hyperactive Hunter”

• DylonDylon Yautja Leader☠️☠️☠️☠️

@Prita the whole movie is just kinda weird for me. I really don’t understand it which doesn’t sit well. The fight scenes were pretty decent though

• DarkMollyDarkMolly Yautja Leader☠️☠️☠️☠️
    edited September 27

Actually Rory did not have Autism. He had Aspergers. But it still does not make sense on how he learned an alien language so quickly and fluently.

• Samhain13Samhain13 Un-Blooded

You are going to have to do some mental gymnastics to explain the some stuff. In the original third act, there was no suit ending, so since it was a last minute additon it doesn't really feels like it fits with the rest of the story.

Alien vs Predator Universe Timeline:  https://samhain13.home.blog/alien-vs-predator-timeline/
  • Darkhorse41Darkhorse41 Yautja Leader☠️☠️☠️☠️

@Dylon I didnt care for the film at all......it was one hot mess in my opinion. That being said NECA did a great job with the figures from the movie though. NECA is the only thing I like about the movie if that tells you anything.

Darkhorse41
  • Hawkins_Upside-DownHawkins_Upside-Down Yautja Leader☠️☠️☠️☠️

With all due respect to everyone involved with this movie, it was simply not well put together or performed at all. Not much makes sense as the story is trying to be told and the tones are not consistent throughout. I know some things happened here that needed to get chopped up and what not but ... no matter what it should have been a far better movie. I’m sorry but c’mon, it’s big budget FOX we’re talking about here not some start-up studio. Anyhow, hopefully they get back on track in the future! Joel Silver we miss you! Lol