What did you think of the 2018 movie

Did you like or dislike Shane Blacks 2018 predator movie

Comments

• DarkMollyDarkMolly Yautja Leader☠️☠️☠️☠️

Eh. I enjoyed it somewhat for what it was, but hated the ending. I would rate it as my least favorite pred movie. Definitely thought they could have elaborated on some things and cut out others.

• I agree

• Has one forgotten that it is against the honour code to create hybrids

• Samhain13Samhain13 Un-Blooded

The worse so far.

Alien vs Predator Universe Timeline:  https://samhain13.home.blog/alien-vs-predator-timeline/
  • True

• PritaPrita Blooded ☠️☠️

I liked it. To me, P2018 was true to culture and of today. This generation is highly educated and of course tech savvy. They don’t seem to have that jump, gun and run panic mode. They see a new gadget, they’re all over it. To me it closed a bit of a gap. We were in the “we know guns, but gauntlets of nuclear power are beyond our understanding”, to “Gimme that thing. Doesn’t matter what the weird writing on it says. I know how it works and what buttons to push”! LOL. Maybe our new smarts makes us a more worthy hunt!

I LOVE they brought out a new Predator “pet”, the dogs. I adore the Hell Hounds, c’mon Neca, make the new Pred Dog!

@Astro_Yautja - Agree about hybrids and the code (I tend to favor the honorable side). The hybrid and that “Predator Killer”, all I see is another Terminator and Transformer. Hopefully we’ll get another movie soon, and we’ll see how/if those play out.

Truly, I’m just happy we got another movie, I don’t care how high or low it ranked (movie critics should critique themselves). P2018 gave us one more chance to hang out with our most loved space-beings! :-)

- “ The Hyperactive Hunter”

• If they explained that a bad blood clan created it I’d Ben ok

• Darkhorse41Darkhorse41 Yautja Leader☠️☠️☠️☠️

I wanted to leave after 15 minutes. I thought it was the worst Predator movie of all. The plot horrible.....the script horrible.....the acting was okay and it was probably the script driving what I thought was average acting. Shane Black blew it as far as I'm concerned.

Darkhorse41

With the hybrid predator, we who know the culture, have to use our imagination that it was created by a bad blood clan. Which makes a lot of sense in the movie. Especially when Traeger is talking to the biologist chick, her name eludes me at the moment, about taking the best samples of humanity, our species being endangered, and coming to take our planet, etc. Though it does not explain why Fugitive wanted to give humanity the "predator killer" since it is against Yautja code for their technology to end up in human hands. Unless the clan he is from decided to overlook this one code due to what the bad blood clan was planning. That is one theory.

For those who know nothing of the culture, we can either educate them or just let them think whatever they like. Hopefully a better sequel can come out or a 2nd movie set as a prequel to explain things. I think they can explain things with either type of movie. One just needs to hope that it is better then the first.

• If they explained what DarkMolly said in the movie the plot and movie would have been so much better

• ApeYautjaApeYautja Elite☠️☠️☠️

Its hard to say about the movie while it has its downs, the ending especially, after seeing more info of what the behind the scenes were and was intentionally intended by the writers and team, I would say it wasn't there fault. If you look at interview with co-writer not too long ago, he says he doesn't like the ending for the movie, also I think the early backlash of leaked photos of the two, and it wasn't there decisions to make it that way. The studio stepped in after the test screenings, saying audience was confused by the idea of the two emissaries showing up and general explain the idea of that the Assassin is from a clan trying to invade earth and the two are there to work with the military to stop it. The Assassin was the first in the invasion force with the hybrid creatures being used to help start the attack. The original ending was big chase and from sounds from what we know of Fugitive, he maybe was trying to expose the clan doing this to the other yautja and their plan to invaded earth due to the global warming happening on their planet cooling down. It could explain Fugitive acting aggressive towards humans and why he was running from the Assassin and got rerouted to Earth. I think if the studio didn't change it to generic ending they thought audience would like, we would have something different and maybe not as odd ending as theatrical cut. The co-writer said he didn't like ending due to it didn't fit with franchise ideas, that being the suit, and he remembers filming it, but it was someone else who thought of it. Sounds like studio was at odds with movie due to they didn't want to pay even more for Arnold when he was interested for big role, also when the studio wanted to reboot/remake series and sounds like the team was able to convince them to keep it same timeline. In all I think we would be in different place with series if the original ending was finished and they didn't rush to reshoots which added more confusion to film. I think there are some parts of the film that work and maybe was more in the original ending that brought the questions answers. Maybe in the future we can see the unfinished cut and see what was the original story.

• MortiisMortiis Elite☠️☠️☠️

It was fun to see the hybrid predator a new take on the predator form. The movie itself just wasn’t explained enough not enough story to give a true sense to the audience and to the characters of the scale of what was going on. It all happened to quick and the hybrid was killed to easily. Something that big and powerful beyond normal predators should have been unstoppable to humans. Hence the extended cut. I think it could be a good start to make a story or storylines to take us out into the universe into multiple stories of the clans that where involved. What this conflict between the predators is about and give the fans a look at predator culture on the big screen. It could be a platform for letting us finally see pred culture on the big screen.

• They do need more about the culture and the big guy should be unstoppable to humans

I have to agree. The hybrid should not have been taken down so easily, especially how he killed a majority of the group. But heaven forbid a Predator actual survives......

I think the Assassin was wounded differently in the emissary version, I wonder if they found a weakness for him and were able to get him wounded enough that the leads would be able to stand a chance.

• JohnTheEmissaryJohnTheEmissary Elite☠️☠️☠️

You know now that I think about it, I really didn’t like it that much. What I really want is a Predator streaming series for like Amazon (because Disney+ won’t want TV-14 shows on their streaming service) that’s picks off where Predator 1 left off, but set 20 years after the end of Predator 1. And I want the story to be something that would really bring love back to the series.

For example, I’d actually want something that’s original, like make the series be about that Bad Bloods come to Earth to hunt humans just for their heads and spines. But then two Yautja hunters are sent to Earth to track down the bad bloods and bring them back to Yautja Prime for trial. When these two hunters arrive on Earth, they cross paths with a group of marines who are hunting the crash site of the Bad Bloods’ ship.

The hunters explain that they mean no harm to them and even give them a translator to decode what they are saying. From there, they agree to join sides to take down and capture the Bad Bloods.

This would then start off the whole series :)

@JohnTheEmissary I think Disney would probably make a 20th Century streaming service to show their movies that aren't Disney targeted. I think if we had gotten the version of The Predator with the emissaries and they had spent the 40 mill on tweaking the film instead of reshoots, the series would be in a different place right now. I am not sure if certain ideas will be able to convince the heads of the studio to take a big chance on new story due to that was the issue with recent film and its interference. I think the Hunters comic and Predator: Hunting Grounds can help establish more lore in the series in current day with them already mentioning Stargazer , maybe there is chance of putting the clan war in these media to help bring the idea of honorable vs dishonorable Yautja. I think if done well the game can help keep interest in the series for mass audience to take another chance at a movie or series.

• PritaPrita Blooded ☠️☠️

All these comment make good points. I still resolve to hoping another movie is made soon. I just want to see more. Each new one (good or bad) blooms new excitement and intrigue!

I think of it holistically - What ever is/if produced next (series, movies, merchandise), we remember, these are companies and every company’s motto is: “We’re in this business to make money”. So their first question would be: “Would any next-thing makes us money”. Plain and simple.

To answer that, I’m wondering if companies/makers would do a deep analyzation of everything Predator related. When I say everything, I mean running conglomerative data and reporting of every movie, comic, novel, audio-book, board and card games, YT vid, toys, collectibles, vid games, comic cons, clothing, art, costumes, anything and everything put together, right down to bars of soap and how many forum threads around the globe discuss Predator. I’m leaning towards, “I doubt they’ve analyzed it that deeply”. If they did, I’d love to see the actual baseline, raw data and the results.

Just my curious thoughts, from a business perspective. :-)

- “ The Hyperactive Hunter”