[ARTICLE] Predator: Hunting Grounds Revealed During State of Play

edited June 20 in Official News
"The asymmetric online multiplayer experience is being developed in close partnership with Fox, and is due on PS4 in 2020." READ THE FULL ARTICLE HERE

Comments

• Harrigan1990Harrigan1990 Yautja Leader☠️☠️☠️☠️
     :o 
  • Hell yes, @Harrigan1990. You going to play? 
  • ApeYautjaApeYautja Elite☠️☠️☠️
    I have a feeling while the human team carries their missions, the Predator can hunt the a.i. enemies as well to get some more skills.
  • VoodooMagicVoodooMagic Young Blood☠️
    I have a feeling this is going to be way better than their Friday the 13th game and that as it is, is great fun!
  • @VoodooMagic I'm hoping it is too. I was reading a lot of the comments on our official Predator Facebook and fans seemed to really like the Friday the 13th game and hoped this was on that level or better! We shall see. Haven't seen you on here, yet, welcome!! You came over from the app, right? 
    @VoodooMagic I'm hoping it is too. I was reading a lot of the comments on our official Predator Facebook and fans seemed to really like the Friday the 13th game and hoped this was on that level or better! We shall see. Haven't seen you on here, yet, welcome!! You came over from the app, right? 
    I created my account when this went live. I think I posted already but I can't swear to it. I've just been hanging mostly at AvPGalaxy.

I'm hoping they bring the same multiple playable Jason choices from different sequels in the Friday the 13th game to this Predator game, where we can unlock the City Hunter, the Berserker, and other Predators from the movies and not just always be the Jungle Hunter. That would be awesome!
  • @VoodooMagic I hear ya! Having all those potential unlocked characters is huge. Everyone would love it! 
    @VoodooMagic I think reason this will be better due to they are working with Sony and Fox, and their last game is not really getting more content due to lawsuit of rights. I think they may add single player missions with Predator like hunting A.I. 
  • JungleManJungleMan Un-Blooded
    @AlphaPredator I was so excited to hear this game coming out but is it only for ps4?
    ApeYautja said:
    @VoodooMagic I think reason this will be better due to they are working with Sony and Fox, and their last game is not really getting more content due to lawsuit of rights. I think they may add single player missions with Predator like hunting A.I. 
    @ApeYautja Agreed. The lawsuit really stifled Ft13, especially when IllFonic's side lost the legal battle.

JungleMan said:
    @AlphaPredator I was so excited to hear this game coming out but is it only for ps4?

@JungleMan Yes, if I'm not mistaken it is indeed a Playstation Exclusive. But you should be able to also play it on PC through PS Now if that helps. 

You'll have to purchase a USB controller and a PS Now subscription but then you'll be able to play PlayStation Exclusive Games. Since Predator will be an exclusive, I imagine it will be available through there.

Playstation Now on PC 
    https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/explore/playstation-now/ps-now-on-pc/
    I think a cool scenario for the game would be to have an Assassin Predator as a main hunt while four young bloods got to hunt him down to get rid of the dishonor he has brought upon their race. I know their are those who don't like Assassin much, but I bet hunting him down wouldn't bother them much.
  • EldergreybackEldergreyback Elite☠️☠️☠️
    Looks Ike I’m getting as PS 4
    They should add the mud aspect to the game, a mudbank where a soldier can go in and come out unseen in the Predator's thermal vision.

It would probably need a time limit mechanic where it dries out after a minute or two, and there would always be a risk that the Predator is camping out there, but it would be pretty cool.
  • AvPG_CorporalHicksAvPG_CorporalHicks Young Blood☠️
    I'm so thankful my Mrs got a PlayStation 4! It came in handy for Spider-man and now Hunting Grounds! Honestly, I'm still a little gutted it's not an open world/galaxy Predator game like Concrete Jungle was intended to be but I'm so stocked for the concept! I think it sounds really interesting and I'm loving some of the ideas that I've seen thrown around for this. 

I really hope we get see plenty of options - whether that be unlockables, other classes/Predators and plenty of maps! I'm also hoping it doesn't keep their focus too narrowly on the first film and the jungle environment. 

But regardless, I'm so excited for this. It was such an unexpected announcement! 
  • Good to see you @AvPG_CorporalHicks!! 
    This has to have an increased budget than the games that have been releasing like this before with Sony behind it, I hope there is human customization. It looks like on the twitter they hint at animals in the environment. 
  • AvPG_CorporalHicksAvPG_CorporalHicks Young Blood☠️
    Good to see you @AvPG_CorporalHicks!! 

Pleasure to be here! Thanks :)

ApeYautja said:
    This has to have an increased budget than the games that have been releasing like this before with Sony behind it, I hope there is human customization. It looks like on the twitter they hint at animals in the environment. 
    Yeah, I think the Sony funding maybe way this seems to be a PS4 exclusive. I think all around customisation would be a good thing but judging from F13 they played existing characters? Or at least specific Jasons.  So hopefully we'll see all the different Predators.
    So some news, Sony and Microsoft are working on a new cloud service sharing project, and haven't given detail yet, but I wonder if this means Sony streaming, I mean news  few weeks ago was some Xbox games are going to stream to Nintendo Switch in the future. I wonder if this mean something for the game.
    Also the team keep putting up "life tips" on their twitter page hinting at game play possibly. They mentioned to be careful not to be near loud noises too long or hearing will suffer and won't be able to hear a certain noise sneaking up on you.
  • Predhead218Predhead218 Yautja Leader☠️☠️☠️☠️

Let's see if I can make it a plan to head to LA for E3 next year for the coverage of the game!

• @Predhead218 YES. You need to make it out here again. E3 would be a great excuse.

• Predhead218Predhead218 Yautja Leader☠️☠️☠️☠️

@AlphaPredator I'm going to try to see if I can make it out to Burbank, CA for the Son of Monsterpalooza (and I know I said that last year), but I'm going to try even harder this time around to provide more stuff all around. Hopefully that will work out where I can head over to LA again as well.

• SheWolf84SheWolf84 Un-Blooded

I cannot wait to get my hands on this game! Finally something to look forward to!

• i hope this has a mobile release too

Read in article that timeline of game is 2025 and that they will have a lot of new stuff with weapons and looks for Predator fraction.