Hish-Qu-Ten

WwarezWwarez Young Blood☠️
Anyone still remember the Hish-Qu-Ten From the DH Press novels? What did you think of them?

Comments

• Drakar006Drakar006 Elite☠️☠️☠️
    Initially I wasn't the biggest fan of them, I preferred (and still prefer) Steve Perry's Yautja mythos. But I did grow on liking the Hish as their own separate thing. I more or less head canon them as a cousin species, possibly the Super Predators from Predators (2010) given those look more reptilian and have more in common with the Hish in actions and personality than the traditional Predators do.
    No thought of compromise. The smell of blood, stirring emotion. So darkly devoted, I have become.
    -Device, Hunted
  • AvPG_CorporalHicksAvPG_CorporalHicks Young Blood☠️
    I don't really like their interpretation in Forever Midnight but the Hish in Flesh and Blood were much better and more in line with how I view the Predators anyway. 

Personally, I prefer books that get us in the heads of the Predator without the Hish or the Yautja. I will forever tell people just how much I love South China Sea and the Predator's portrayal in that is just one of my favourites! 
  • EldergreybackEldergreyback Elite☠️☠️☠️
    I don't really like their interpretation in Forever Midnight but the Hish in Flesh and Blood were much better and more in line with how I view the Predators anyway. 

Personally, I prefer books that get us in the heads of the Predator without the Hish or the Yautja. I will forever tell people just how much I love South China Sea and the Predator's portrayal in that is just one of my favourites! 
    I couldn’t agree more with this. I love my predators as mysterious, enigmatic killers!  I was never a fan of midnight’s Hish, although I did love the flash backs to their home world during a ritual test.  The yautja is fine and good but I think it gets to bogged down  with ranks, and un blooded /blooded and Xeno hunts and honorifics. It feels too human military/fudel japan to me. It’s too far removed from the movies.  Give me the predator from big game, South China Sea, if it bleeds: stonewalls last stand, kss psychopomp and three sparks!
    edited May 17
    How good was If It Bleeds?! I really can't get over how much I enjoyed that anthology! 
  • EldergreybackEldergreyback Elite☠️☠️☠️
    Yeah, if it bleeds was terrific! I can’t say how many times I’ve read through it. I hope the follow up: ‘eyes of the demon’ gets released!
    Me too, Elder. It's a little too quiet on the comic and novel front. I was hoping to hear a new announcement soon. We haven't even heard anything new on that new AvP series yet! :(
  • Samhain13Samhain13 Un-Blooded
    edited May 20
    Didn't like this take on the Predators. Forever Midnight is at the botton of my Predator novel ranking. That was some really crazy ride. Flesh and Blood kind of brought the Hish back but didn't mention much of the stuff from the previous novel and focused more on the hunt than the bad concepts, they didn't behave like the ones from Forever Midnight. That one worked much better, they acted more like Predators we know and love.

I don't like Perry's Yautja either. The whole honor thing ended up going a little overboard. Like Hicks mentioned South China Sea, that one's Predator portrayal is still the best one for the novels.
    Alien vs Predator Universe Timeline:  https://samhain13.home.blog/alien-vs-predator-timeline/
  • Drakar006Drakar006 Elite☠️☠️☠️
    Can't say I'm a huge fan South China Sea or Big Game, I like them but they just don't stake with Perry's work for me. I've never seen the appeal of them being mysterious or just being monsters. There's plenty of movie monsters like the Xenos and The Thing on that front. Perry's Yautja are what cemented my love for the franchise, them having a honor code akin to Samurai or Spartans makes them more interesting IMO.
    No thought of compromise. The smell of blood, stirring emotion. So darkly devoted, I have become.
    -Device, Hunted