Disney Discontinues Prodos Games AVP: The Hunt Begins

Predhead218Predhead218 Yautja Leader☠️☠️☠️☠️
edited April 16 in Comics and Games

Comments

• PritaPrita Blooded ☠️☠️
    Apologies, I don’t know it, but what product line? Where is it found? Thx.

- “ The Hyperactive Hunter”

• Predhead218Predhead218 Yautja Leader☠️☠️☠️☠️
    edited April 5
    Prita said:
    Apologies, I don’t know it, but what product line? Where is it found? Thx.
    It is similar to warhammer a real time strategy game with miniatures to where you can add factions of either Marines, Aliens, or Predators. They are selling all of the contents of this part of their business 40% off until April 30th. Here is the link.
    https://shop.prodosgames.com/93-predators
    @Predhead218 - Oh!!! A board game with expansion pack too! The game looks different than others I have seen (in others, I don’t recall the “miniature Preds). I don’t have any one to play with, but I’m going to get these any way! I don’t know why the he** I collect board games and never open them, but I do. I have a “Catopoly” monopoly game, a regularly one and a Kachina Doll Monopoly! I know... I know... bizarre. LOL. Yep! That would be me. But, now I’m going to add a Preddie game! Thanks for sharing. 

• ApeYautjaApeYautja Elite☠️☠️☠️
    Was it confirmed to be issues with licensing with Disney.
    Prita said:
    @Predhead218 - Oh!!! A board game with expansion pack too! The game looks different than others I have seen (in others, I don’t recall the “miniature Preds). I don’t have any one to play with, but I’m going to get these any way! I don’t know why the he** I collect board games and never open them, but I do. I have a “Catopoly” monopoly game, a regularly one and a Kachina Doll Monopoly! I know... I know... bizarre. LOL. Yep! That would be me. But, now I’m going to add a Preddie game! Thanks for sharing. 
    No problem my friend. I have been waiting on grabbing the game myself only because other things usually take more importance in my collection as well as my YouTube channel. Looks like I will have to grab me the Predator statue before April 30th.
    ApeYautja said:
    Was it confirmed to be issues with licensing with Disney.

Apparently so to where they applied to renew the license, but Disney had declined the application for renewal.
  • ApeYautjaApeYautja Elite☠️☠️☠️
    @Predhead218 - what is the link to your YouTube channel please? 

ApeYautja said:

I know it sucks for those just starting to enjoy the game or at the least find out more about it. 
    edited April 7
    Prita said:
    @Predhead218 - what is the link to your YouTube channel please? 

Sure man https://www.youtube.com/c/PredatorCollectibles
  • XenosaurianXenosaurian Young Blood☠️
    These are sad news... Hopefully it will come back sometime in the near future though. :(
    "How about we make a campfire, sing a couple of songs?"
    These are sad news... Hopefully it will come back sometime in the near future though. :(

The way Disney sees it would be through another company with better impressive financial numbers to proof themselves.
  • Sad news but thank you for keeping us updated @Predhead218
    Sad news but thank you for keeping us updated @Predhead218

My pleasure buddy and always glad to be of service to this community.
  • AvPG_CorporalHicksAvPG_CorporalHicks Young Blood☠️
    I'm still wounded by this news. I've been getting stuff since the initial Kickstarter but I recently started getting more involved over the last 12/13 months and Prodos really started getting into the groove with this. Such a shame to see it get shutdown. Fortunately I was able to get at least one of everything before they stopped selling so I can continue to play this with my mates but I'm so disappointed I wont have new scenarios or products to look forward to. :( 
    I'm still wounded by this news. I've been getting stuff since the initial Kickstarter but I recently started getting more involved over the last 12/13 months and Prodos really started getting into the groove with this. Such a shame to see it get shutdown. Fortunately I was able to get at least one of everything before they stopped selling so I can continue to play this with my mates but I'm so disappointed I wont have new scenarios or products to look forward to. :( 

I completely agree and I was at least able to get a hold of the Jungle Hunter Statue from a mate before they completely shut down. I hope to at least put it together, but not paint it (because mainly I can't paint worth of nothing). Still appreciate it nonetheless.
    I think I'm pretty crap at painting too but you know what, it's actually pretty damn fun and cathartic. I'll try to remember to get some better photos of my Predator units later but here's an old snap.

• @AvPG_CorporalHicks holy **** she's a beast! I love it! Can't wait to see her painted...
    I think I'm pretty crap at painting too but you know what, it's actually pretty damn fun and cathartic. I'll try to remember to get some better photos of my Predator units later but here's an old snap.

I have to say though my friend if you painted those Predators those don't look half bad compared to what I'm capable of doing  :D

@AvPG_CorporalHicks holy **** she's a beast! I love it! Can't wait to see her painted...
    Thanks, man! The King has been based but not gotten around to really doing much painting lately. Not been in the mood. 

Predhead218 said:
    I have to say though my friend if you painted those Predators those don't look half bad compared to what I'm capable of doing  :D 

Haha thanks. As long as you enjoy doing it, then give it a go!