Any thoughts on the Disney Takeover?

EngineerEngineer Yautja Leader☠️☠️☠️☠️
edited April 2019 in Click Click Click...
just saw the avpgalaxy article about disney’s Intent to continue developing the alien franchise... but no word on predator. Any thoughts? 

Comments

• PritaPrita Blooded ☠️☠️
    Don’t really have much knowledge of Disney as movie holders. My only concern is, will they blow it off because Pred franchise isn’t geared towards the younglings at all. (And god hope, if one of the movie producers comes forth with a script one day, that Disney doesn’t strip it down. I dunno. Has Disney ever put out any truly scary films? When I think of Disney, I just think of pink, and princesses, and frilly stuff, and creepy little short men that live in a forest, and pink and pink. Ug. Of course, then there’s the power of a large corporation, which is known for making movie toys. If Disney deciders to jump on the Predator figurines market, I’m not so sure folks like Neca & Hot Toys wouldn’t be pushed out. “Disney - Enter the Behemoth”. Let’s hope Disney keeps an open mind. And so it goes.

- “ The Hyperactive Hunter”

• Gort_PredatorGort_Predator Blooded ☠️☠️
    My thought is that the take over never should have been allowed to happen in the first place.
  • StarWarsNerdASRStarWarsNerdASR Elite☠️☠️☠️
    @Gort_Predator I completely agree that the Disney takeover should not have ever happened. If they reboot the franchise they most likely will push their own agenda into the hypothetical Predator film, ruining it. A great example of this in my opinion is Star Wars, I am a huge original trilogy fan for reference. They have pushed their feminism, marketing, and ripping off the originals for both of the new Disney trilogy movies and I fully expect them to do all of these things to the Predator franchise as long as they make a profit. Note-I am a fan of Solo and Rogue One, just not Disney’s trilogy. I have nothing against feminism or marketing unless they are taken to the extreme (movie ruining levels) which in my opinion Disney has been able to do this in record time. So, they will basically kill the Predator franchise with greed and their agenda.
  • XenomorphXenomorph Yautja Leader☠️☠️☠️☠️
    I’m actually happy about it. Let’s be honest, Fox hadn’t done that much with the franchise lately and Disney has deeper pockets.

• PritaPrita Blooded ☠️☠️
    Great comments here! I think it’s simply bottom line. We know corporations are about one thing, and it’s not “Awww...How sweet. Disney loves Alien/Preds as much as fans”. Pfft... It’s simply about profit. We also know they ingest every penny so the suits (ie: CEOs, etc) get their 6-figures a year. They simply wouldn’t have snatched up Alien/Pred unless they were sure they’d make profits. Maybe they continue the franchise as is. Maybe they strip it into “Hey kids! New sparklies!”. Maybe they simply parse it and sell it off. Who knows. Of course, they did suck up Marvel and Star Wars, and in came the $$$.

Their internal background doesn’t look so pretty (here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_The_Walt_Disney_Company). I’m seeing a “Do as we please and s**t on you” corporation (doesn’t surprise me a bit). Interesting rap sheet too; https://violationtracker.goodjobsfirst.org/prog.php?parent=walt-disney.

Not trying to be a “Negative Nancy” here. I’m trying to remain positive but, I do have concerns.

- “ The Hyperactive Hunter”

• Blob_147Blob_147 Elite☠️☠️☠️
    I’m not too thrilled about Disney owning Fox at all. I think they have way too much power as one corporation and I’m shocked that this was allowed to happen at all.

I’d love to see new Predator and Alien movies, and I’m sure Disney can release them under the Fox banner in theaters and they can still be R rated and scary.

So far, I’m happy with Marvel, but it’s Lucasfilm that’s had me concerned lately with the decision making that’s been going on with Star Wars. If they have someone like overlooking the Alien and Predator franchises like how Kevin Feige overlooks Marvel Studios, I think we’ll be ok.
  • PereiraPereira Yautja Leader☠️☠️☠️☠️
    Predator was included in the Sizzle Reel. 
    Thar’n-da s’ yin’tekai,
    Pereira
  • Raoh76Raoh76 Yautja Leader☠️☠️☠️☠️
    Very unhappy about decision around AVP License not being renewed to Prodos Games, AVP The Hunt Begins was REALLY getting some great expansions and add-ons, right as it was getting good they put the Kibosh on the license getting extended, and don't tell me it was for financial reasons, must have cost a few cents to create a resin miniature that ends up getting sold for +$15 

Still uncertain if this will also happen to Dark Horse and Neca AVP licenses just because nothing announced currently doesn't mean it won't happen.

I realize Prodos had its kickstarter flaws but most folks (not all but most) got their stuff at some point and they really created so much more content, especially taking it from just a Boardgame to a full- fledged Wargame as well.

But hey, as a last release, Machiko...so that's pretty rad

Also, Hi guys, I actually commented on something :) (he's alive!!)
  • NikkiMiyamotoNikkiMiyamoto Blooded ☠️☠️
    Disney is BNL from their movie WALL-E. In the end, they will own EVERYTHING! :p
  • ApeYautjaApeYautja Elite☠️☠️☠️
    That is my worry, I  am worried if Disney starts to cut down on merchandise licenses, what if they end deal with NECA or others. One board game heading for Kickstarter on the Planet of the Apes series has taken some time due to possibly having to renew licensing with Fox when the merger was complete. I think they should of just sold the Marvel stuff to Disney and kept the rest. Also I am not sure if they can keep quality with films and might be worst with certain series than they already are. If they make the new series they have with Predator, Alien, Planet of the Apes and AVP management like Star Wars, their will be losses in the films and merchandise.
  • ApeYautjaApeYautja Elite☠️☠️☠️
    @Xenomorph 
    I am not sure about the bigger budget. Disney seems to look like on certain films not spend anything at all on the cgi, I mean most of the new Star Wars cgi hasn't been as big steps as previous films. They try to use all in house to save money, but you can start to tell on the cgi. I feel like they should invest in companies like WETA who are still pushing the cgi effects, such with the Planet of the Apes films which would be impossible to try years ago.
  • YautjaSicarioYautjaSicario Young Blood☠️
    I take predator over alien any day.
  • Hawkins_Upside-DownHawkins_Upside-Down Yautja Leader☠️☠️☠️☠️
    Did they learn nothing from Zootopia about Predator discrimination?
  • XenosaurianXenosaurian Young Blood☠️
    I really wish they would focus on better developing and flesh out the cinematic universe covering all the Alien, Predator, AVP, and Prometheus series.
    "How about we make a campfire, sing a couple of songs?"