THR Article: Why Did Jean-Claude Van Damme Get Replaced in 'Predator'?

edited April 16 in Official News
"Van Damme managed to get the casting done without incident, but he confirms that he — like pretty much everyone else in the cast and crew, and Fox once McTiernan sent them the first footage — thought the original Predator design looked dumb as hell. But for Van Damme it was also a pain in the **** to wear."

"My head was in the neck. My hands were in the forearms, and there were cables [attached to my fingers to move the creature's head and jaws]. My feet were in his calves, so I was on [stilts]. It was a disgusting outfit," he says.

Do you think JCVD was out of line? Too much of a diva? Read more HERE and let us know by commenting! 

Comments

• IronMan1963IronMan1963 Un-Blooded

Yes he was a whiny diva

• @IronMan1963 Welcome!! lol and I agree with you. He definitely was. Hope you like it here in the community. Hope you stick around and meet some more of our awesome people.

• AVPVBRFanAVPVBRFan Un-Blooded

I dont think he was being a whiny diva. The first costume was ugly as ****. Looked like a horrific aged duck man. So yes, that was really dumb. Andif you take into account that JCVD was a pretty damn big star by that time and he had signed on a film with a hectic production and for a role in which he wasnt even allowed to show his face? Yup. I'd be pretty whiny too no matter how good the first film turned out